Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Austenland

Austenland by Shannon Hale

Summary: Jane Hayes, a thirty-something woman who has never found her Mr. Darcy, embarks upon a journey to rid herself of her Austen inspired fantasies forever by taking a three week vacation where she lives the life of an Austen character, complete with actors whose job it is to make her feel like Elizabeth Bennett.

Rating: 4.5 out of 5

Comments: I loved this book. That should come as no surprise, as I have always been a huge fan of Pride and Prejudice. I love Shannon Hale, as she is the perfect example of writing stories adults will love without the language and the sex. So refreshing. I am sad it's over and will probably have a hard time starting something new.

2 comments:

Reba said...

I loved this book, too. I read it twice! It kind of sounds similar to the last book you read, at least they were both in love with a movie character, right? Were they more similar than you thought they'd be?

Sarah said...

This book is on my list to read. I just finished her other book "Princess Academy" and it's really cute (you would love it too, if you haven't already read it). I could read her style of writing all day long.