Monday, September 22, 2008

Elsewhere

Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin

Summary: 15-year old Liz is hit by a car and killed, and finds herself in Elsewhere, a place where the aging process is reversed and everyone is getting younger, until they are sent back to earth again as babies.

Rating: 4 out 5

Comments: I started this book a year or two ago but I can't remember why I didn't finish it (I hadn't gotten very far). It is an amazing book, and so original. Even if you have a pretty good idea of what life after death will be like, this book will have you examining what you really believe. Liz is upset because not only will she never turn 16 and get her driver's license, she also will never grow up and fall in love. But she discovers that Elsewhere is much like earth, and that by leaving, she will miss out on her second "life." I would recommend it to anyone. It is a young adult book, but I think readers of all ages will enjoy it.

No comments: