Monday, August 4, 2008

Millicent Min

Millicent Min: Girl Genius by Lisa Yee (juvenile fiction, ages 9-12)

Summary: 11-year old Millicent, a genius who just finished her junior year of high school, is forced by her parents to have a "normal" summer by playing on a volleyball team and tutoring her mortal enemy, Stanford Wong.

Rating: 4 out of 5

Comments: I thought this was book was very funny. I personally don't know any child geniuses, but I would imagine them to be a lot like Millie. She is so smart and intimidates her peers. Plus, her social skills are seriously lacking, as she has never had a real friend before. I don't know well kids will be able to relate to her (I wish my kids could start reading these books and give me their opinions), but I think they would enjoy reading it.

No comments: