Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Homebody

Homebody by Orson Scott Card

Summary: Don Lark, a lonely man who is trying to escape the pain of losing his ex-wife and daughter in a car accident, buys an old home in North Carolina with the intention of renovating it, but is unprepared for the hold the home has over its former inhabitants, both living and dead.

Rating: 4 out of 5

Comments: I love Orson Scott Card. He is one of my all-time favorite authors. I love his characters, who are always real people with flaws, but always identifiable. He combines fantasy with reality in such a way that it is believable, and this book is no exception. The story is eerie without being disturbing (Lost Boys was disturbing to me), and exciting without a whole lot of action. This book isn't at the very top of my list of OSC books, but I really enjoyed it and would recommend it.

No comments: