Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Boyfriend League

The Boyfriend League by Rachel Hawthorne

Summary: Dani, a teenage girl and baseball enthusiast, and her best friend, Bird, convince their parents to host a college baseball play for the summer, hoping to get in good with the team and find a boyfriend.

Rating: 4 out of 5

Comments: I found this book on the list of most popular books checked out by teens at the Springville library and went in with no knowledge of what it was about. I was pleasantly surprised. It was a good, clean summer romance, and I can definitely see why teenage girls enjoy Hawthorne's books. I loved that it was centered around a baseball team, which I could really relate to, and read the whole thing in a day. Definitely something fun to give me a break from some of the depressing things I have read lately. It's the kind of story I write.

No comments: