Monday, April 27, 2009

The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Summary: In a futuristic society, communities are required to send one boy and one girl, picked by lottery, to the capital to compete in "The Hunger Games," a fight to the death where only one will ultimately survive, bringing honor to their community.

Rating: 4.5 out of 5

Comments: I had heard a lot about this book, and it didn't disappoint. The story was fast paced and original, and I found myself wanting to find out more and more about Katniss and Peeta and how they were going to win the Hunger Games (which you knew they would). There is a lot of violence, but it wasn't too disturbing (not emotionally, at least) and I was absolutely not ready for the book to end when it did. A sequel is coming out in September, and it can't come soon enough! The best book I've read in a while.

No comments: