Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Love Stargirl

Love Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli. Juvenile fiction, sequel to Stargirl.

Summary: Stargirl, a sixteen-year old girl who named herself, begins a new life in Pennsylvania, changing the lives of everyone she comes in contact with, just as she did in Arizona.

Rating: 4 out of 5

Comments: I love Stargirl. The first book is one of my favorite juvenile books of all time. She is such a unique character, quirky yet supremely caring. She doesn't care what anyone thinks of her, but embraces what makes her different. Unlike the first book, when she tries to change who she is to please someone else, in the sequel she is true to her individuality, and enhances the lives of people young and old. I loved this book, not quite as much as the first, but nearly as much so. The book is in journal form, a letter to the boy she left behind in Arizona. It took me a little while to get into the different method of storytelling, but I found myself feeling empty when it was over. If you liked Stargirl, you'll like this sequel. And if you haven't read either, but love a good juvenile book, DEFINITELY check it out!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds good, I'll request it.

Carly said...

hi!
im 11 and im reading this book and its kinda hard to understand and im not allowed to putit down because it is for a school project

this has helped me alot!
thank you!!