Monday, March 24, 2008

Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck by Erik Larson. Nonfiction



Summary: The true story of Marconi, inventor of the wireless telegraph, and a murderer by the name of Crippen, and the way their lives intersect in 1910.



Rating: 4 out of 5



Comments: Jeff and I listened to this book on cd on our drive to NC. It was very entertaining, and told like a story instead of boring facts. Larson also wrote Devil in the White City, which I loved, and this book didn't disappoint. I'm sure anyone who was alive in 1910 would've heard the story of the manhunt for the doctor, although it was all new to us. It deals with a murder, and while there are some things that made us both say, "sick," it wasn't any worse than an episode of Forensic Files. I would recommend it, and if you haven't read Devil in the White City, I would definitely recommend that one.

No comments: