Monday, April 7, 2008

Girl's Guide

Girl's Guide to Hunting and Fishing by Melissa Banks

Summary: Told in memoir style, Girls Guide is the story of a woman's quest for love and how she, ultimately, finds it.

Rating: 2.5 out of 5

Comments: I had heard a lot about this bestseller and really expected to like it. It was just okay. I must not appreciate a "real love story," and felt no real satisfaction in her choice of men. And then there was the language thing again...I don't understand why authors feel they have to include so many f-bombs. Again, maybe I am not comfortable with the world as it really is (I'd prefer to believe it's the way I see it).

2 comments:

Reba said...

yeah, 2.5 is about right. the structure was novel, which is something to like, but the stories and people didn't feel real. I get tired of hearing stories about people who break up for shallow, selfish reasons, and then I'm supposed to think the ending is happy because the same person is getting together with someone else for shallow, selfish reasons? Not so much.

I reread my review and it made it sound like I liked the book more than I did. And I really need to start paying more attention to language, obviously.

I am Laura said...

I never have seen this blog of yours before. I looked at your profile instead of just going to your blog in my bookmarks. What a great idea. I will be frequenting this blog more often for book idea.

oh, I wanted to tell you that we didn't sell our wii. We stood in line when they first came out and I bought one and my husband bought one. Then we sold one for way too much money making our first one almost free!!!