Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Peaches

Peaches by Jodi Lynn Anderson (Young adult fiction)

Summary: An unlikely trio of girls become friends as they spend time working on a peach farm in Georgia, teaching one another about loyalty, friendship and love.

Rating: 4 out of 5

Comments: Similar to the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series in a lot of ways, which I also loved. I can't think of many books that show the evolution of friendship as well as this book portrays it. The girls are not instantly friends, but instead it takes a series of events over an extended period of time for them to realize how much they need one another. It made me long to reconnect with old friends, tapping memories of my own childhood/young adulthood that I hadn't thought about in a long time. A little bit of sexual content that I didn't love, but understood why it was included.

No comments: